Thursday, April 18, 2013

Facebook is toxic. Turns anyone into stalking loons

I have for years used Facebook normally. Hardly posted a thing.
Ever since the break-up with captain I have shamefully become this perverted stalker. It's not helped that from being a fairly "medium/light FB user, hes now using it like the average teenager. It's like he found a new toy or drug.
I'm suddenly obsessing over this idiotic social page like Sherlock Holmes on a good day.
All the time feeling disgusted with myself. Always asking myself "what the fuck am I doing?"
I have often scorned the people who spend their lives on Facebook. "Get a life", I said. And then some.
Yet, here I have been hunting for posts, threads, comments and what not. Trying to piece together whatever nonsense and lunacy I can think of. Hardly healthy, but highly addictive.
Forgetting as well that the lives people reflect on Facebook is the sunny side up.
I's no accurate reflection of how people's lives are in-between the glory and glitter posted and tagged.
But it stops now. I've put myself on a strict FB detox. I've used all options available for blocking, deleting, hiding- you name it. This nonsense stops with immediate effect. Let his and everyone else's perfect lives float in cyberspace, and I will beever on with my own quite average and boring life. But at least not feeling perverted or at least not with the need to post and comment every 2 hours.
My new FB cleansed life starts now...

No comments: