Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fresh in 38 degrees ?


It is something I seem to forget each year... The excruciating heat that covers this rock each summer come July/August.
We are talking sticky, non breathable, unbearable heat. Some of us have business-meetings. Some of us must move around.
Out of the mercy of the office AC I cannot keep up appearances.
As I arrived at clients office I notice my reflection in the mirror. Not only do I look like a crystal meth-addict with withdrawal symptoms, sweat-rings everywhere and perspiration pouring down my face.
In my bewildered and puffy, plum tomato red face I can See to my joy that any make-up applied with great care earlier, is now glued to the sunglasses I tried wearing (bastards make me sweat more and slide off) or below my jawline. I swear my green eyeliner was under my chin. On the journey back I was worried that my knickers would become one with the seat.. Guess who's ready for a swim!

No comments: