Monday, December 29, 2008

We canceled christmas, and I liked it!



Yes. It's true. Not a single Christmas-ordeal (besides all the Gluhwein I made..erhmm). No tree, no gifts, no family to visit or come over.
We spent the 24th with "Twilight" (what's the big deal with that film, anyway?) and Burger-King. The 25th we took the dog for a swim and workout (we watched), and saw the new James Bond with Chinese Take-Away. Ace!
I've had long baths and red wine. We have given and received massages. We have laughed at how lucky we are to escape our families. Don't get me wrong, it's with love, but just us, on our own, in bathrobes... we have to be allowed a sigh of relief.
Once before I had a Christmas on my own. When I was 23, and couldn't
afford to fly home.

We have thought seriously about dropping New-Years Eve as well..
Every year we go to a hyped-up party with wind-up friends, ready to make this :
"A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!" Yeah, right... The last I can remember New-Years Eve parties were always a disappointment.
We could order a Indian...

No comments: