Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sunday Blues

I've never liked Sundays. Even as a child, it was my least favorite day. And for some strange reason, the weather seems gray most Sunday's. Nowadays I can't enjoy them because I am dreading and preparing for a new working week. My weeks are usually 60-70 Hours, and you would think Sunday's would be spent as I understand they should; church, family and friends relaxing and taking it easy. Modern me have no family in the country, and as said before, I am stressing about the coming week. Usually I also have a ton of guilt this day, for another weekend gone by without it containing all the fun, practical, exciting and cool stuff I somehow thought I would be able to squeeze in. Reality is, if I have a pint after work Friday, I'll be in bed like a log by 21.00 For us who work, Friday shouldn't even be included in the "weekend-concept".
We're working! I never manage to leave early either, as there are tons of things to finish off, so I won't think about them all through the weekend.
The two days of weekend give precious little time to be perfect. One is supposed to be able to do it all I see, flicking through women's magazines. Arts and Crafts: make your own fancy ecological shopping bags with fabric paint and potatoes. Romance: Have intimate a home-made meal star chef-quality (just getting the ingredients seems like a whole afternoon spent) with top wine, followed by sensual massage and deep conversation. I don't know about you guys, but a frozen pizza woshed down with cardboard wine followed by a quick shag and a dvd is what we manage. Because we are knackered! Biffed, exhausted, tired, knocked-out!
Art & Friends: I'm advised to visit the gallery and share a "Friends"-style cappuccino and talk for hours with my group of cool friends. Sport: Why not mountain-bike through a rough forest this weekend? It always astonishes me the amount of cool and "correct" things one of my colleges manages to squeeze into one weekend. Same every time. I almost dread to hear. She'll ask me first, always. What did you do this weekend? I'll mumble my bit a bit ashamed of our uselessness in the "exciting weekend" department, and before I finish she'll let me in on hers. My god! I'd need a holiday should I participate in one of hers.
I vote for a 4 day working-week!
MONDAY IS THE NEW SUNDAY

No comments: