Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tanning hysteria


Sunset Tan
It's been a few years now. Slowly building a crescendo which has shown it's orange peak the last year or so. Girls in the offices I visit, in December, have spray-tans. All actresses spray-tan, such as Charlize Theorn (who's usually top glam) and singers, Christina Aguilera looks luminous at times. The "reality-brain-insult" show "Sunset Tan" shows us all aspects of how the magic is done.
A quick google search shows : Keyword: fake tan : 2,860,000 hits
We started off with the gory self-tanner cream. Today you can have your pick. Cream, lotion, foam, spray.. it's all there for that sun-kissed look.
We need a pick-me-up every now and again, and the shocking image of one's own milky/winter body is too much to bear,- fake tan is good. Most of us like to use it as a great holiday preparation, and to maintain that hard-earned holiday glow.
But some women I know have now adopted it as a staple in their daily regime.
It's tan all-year round. Nothing else is acceptable for a well-groomed lady of 2008.
Come new-year soon, I wish we'll see an end to spray-tan hysteria.

1 comment:

Fay said...

Wonderful job with this blog. Enjoying your post and looking forward to more in the future.

I want to thank you for submitting your blog. I have finished my review of "Let's not be perfect" and I'm pleased to inform you that your blog has been added to Blogging Women.

It's my pleasure to add another quality women's blog to our all women's blog directory.