Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Skin-care miracle !


This must be shared! If you think the one item you have to bring if stranded on a desert island is your skin cream, think again. The last 4 (!) weeks, I have been home in bed with fractured ankles. Now I am back on my feet, but I have been :
COMPLETELY 100% WITHOUT ANY SKIN-CARE for 4 weeks!!
I live on the country-side, and since I could not drive I haven't been able to restock on my products. Trust me, I love skincare, and use a lot. I found myself without cleanser, toner, day cream, eye-cream.. you get the picture.. NADA

But, to my astonishment, my worst fears did not come true. Convinced I would end up with skin like Amy Winehouse, scaling, flaking and wrinkles popping up on a daily basis, I panicked. After a few half-hearted attempts at home-made facial masks based on bananas and yoghurt, I just surrendered.

Week 1 was the worst, as I have combination skin with oily t-zone and very dry rest. The first week was though as my skin was thirsty and oilier than I ever saw it.
But by week 2 I was fine. Now that I am 4 weeks without ( remember, I have not worn make-up either, as I've been stuck in the house) and out and about again, people have commented that my skin looks great. How about that?

So, girls, it isn't the worst thing that can happen, and your skin can survive without all this crap.

Did not change the fact I have now purchased the whole range again, and look forward to my old ritual of cleansing, moisturizing e.t.c.
I missed the fresh feeling, the pretty jars and the scent of the creams....

I'm only human (woman)

No comments: