Monday, November 24, 2008

Ode to good dads


Much is said about mummies. Men are turned into big softies when speaking of their mums. But, as a girl, having a really great dad is unbelievable. To become a father all one needs is be semi-present and get the swimmers in the right place. Many have lousy fathers, but some are blessed with really great dads. I am one of the lucky ones with a really supportive and involved dad. The feeling of security, safety and support a dad can give his girl is truly amazing. Growing up I knew wherever I was and what happened, I could always rely on by dad to come to my rescue.
The great feeling when dad says he's proud and looks at you with such warmth in his eyes. Women who grow up with supportive dads are more likely to enjoy healthy relationships with men as adults. Recently I read that women with good relationships to their dad's are less likely to develop eating disorders. Having a cool dad is a wondrous thing. tell your daddy you love him today!

I just visited my dad and wanted to propose a toast to all good daddies out there! Your ace!

No comments: