Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Try to love again, and again


Love...
Often I wonder about the concept of love when I'm single. What is it? Why is it so damn important? What does it feel like? What does being in love really feel like?
When do you know you have fallen? When do you know you have fallen out of it?
I doubted many ways to love before. For example, I thought the fact friendship can grow into a romance (assuming there were NO previous "sparks")was just rubbish. I'm older now and know that it can happen. Friends can slowly fall as madly and deeply in love as any other type of romance. The one I know the best is the all-consuming, flamenco-playing, rollercoaster-ride, whirlwind/ fire & ice romance that hits like a tornado and turn you into a mad version of yourself for the duration of the relationship(at least through the honey-moon period). It seems everything is possible! Someone close to me just met, and instantly they just knew. Yes. As simple as that. They just clicked, and are getting married. N
o hesitations, no doubt no looking back..
I've always said that the concept of "soul-mate" (damn you yanks) is a myth. There are millions of wonderful and special people out there!!
Every one of them will seem as "the one" at the time.. but it's usually "the one for now", if you catch my drift? But. And this is one biggie. There is an exception. The cynic in me wants to spank me with a rusty land-mover. Even if you have had thoughts about an ex being "the one", you could easily have been mistaken. He was one of the many soul-mates out there,- but not the one for always. But that does not mean there is no such thing. You have to kiss a few frogs to find a prince.
When the one for always comes along, you feel at home. No flamenco, no bravado, no fighting & making-up, no fear. It's like finding a lighthouse. Its bright, it wants only to guide you to the safe shore.
Anchored. Unafraid. Strong. Loved. Where are my tissues?

No comments: