Friday, June 3, 2011

Random facts at end of a week


At the moment I am a lady of pleasures. Means I need to organize my days in a whole new way. Rat-race free but challenging as hell. No clients to think of, no bosses, no board, no budgets, no accounting... Either way.. I am enjoying a wee time-off. Enough sentimental blah.. I learned a few new things and I will share them with you:

- The Caribbean cuisine is the most diverse influenced cuisine in the world.. ( I was gonna include the countries/continents involved, but that's no fun.) Ah what the hell.. It's influenced by all the settlers that have visited and stayed. Yes.. what a mix! Things to ponder when there is time on hand to cook.

-BLONDE MOMENT ALERT!!!! The name Pineapple is applied to this fruit originally by the Spaniards setting sails.. because it looks like "It was given the name pineapple due to its resemblance to a pine cone" duh.. Where between apple and cone did the peroxide take charge?

- First real sign I've had in a long time that actually shows we are prone to self-beating, hedonisticish and miserly self-poisonous obsession with self. Why we often go sad instead of becoming American, lol. Plato was very focussed on the concept of Uroborus The Ouroboros (or Uroborus)[1] is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail. It comes from the Greek words oura (Greek ουρά) meaning "tail" and bόros (Greek βόρος) meaning "eating", thus "he who eats the tail".[2]( Wikipedia)

- Let me just throw in for absolute blondness that I also learned the real meaning of the word "serpent".. Yes, I know now that it is a snake... I'm asking myself what I used too think it was... No need rub it in!

- The wonderful meaning in educated words of the saying "the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one." Referred to the Latin expression "lex parsimoniae". Which again lead to the theory of "Occamis/Occam's Razor", again explained as the law of succinctnes. For those of you who, as I, don't feel too familiar with succinctness.. it says to be " Characterized by clear, precise expression in few words; concise and terse"
May I add however, to my light disappointment, when wikipedia tells you "This summary is misleading, however, since the principle is actually focused on shifting the burden of proof in discussions.[3] That is, the razor is a principle that suggests we should tend towards simpler theories (see justifications section below) until we can trade some simplicity for increased explanatory power. Contrary to the popular summary, the simplest available theory is sometimes a less accurate explanation. Philosophers also add that the exact meaning of "simplest" can be nuanced in the first place.[4]" I clocked out..and opened a nice red w...

- Cancer. Are we all born with cancer or not? many "Opinion leaders" claim to have the key to cancer in us from birth. I have an inkling that the camp which makes the theory we all have the "necessary ingredient" in us, then it's Russian roulette with that as the rest in life.
Many hours on-line has given no answer. Regardless how many sources I seek they always weigh 50/50. More wine!!!!

- That Irish Captain's make the best lovers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

random facts very entertaining keep up the work on your blog x

william said...

Random facts very entertaining keep up the good work love this blog