Thursday, January 14, 2010

Retail Therapy


I've just been on a full scale shopping bonanza. How wonderful.
My sweet grandma transfered money to my account with the spesific instructions to "spend it only on things you can wear. This cash is for vanity only"
Hurray! No worries there. First stop: pre-tone-toner, toner, day/night cream, eye-cream, masks, serum, pre-serum serum... the whole package.
Next: shoes! Boots eels and goodlooking semi-flats.
By now my heart is beating and the general well-being has drastically improved.
Then I'm off to get myself a nice new winter coat. Found a real beauty with the nicest details and tailoring like I've never owned before.
When I add jeans (which I now can fit into thanks to the world famous break-up diet) two tops, I'm mildly euphoric. Just to add insult to injury I get a scarf, one qute clutch and sunglasses as well. By this stage I am high as a kite.
Never ever underestimate the true value of retil therapy. It is perhaps not sientificly proven to work, but it sure as hell does. Any woman knows that. And for me at least, the feeling lingers a long time. Every time I use my serum, when I open my warderobe and find NEW THINGS to wear. Good stuff. Should I have spent money wisely on rent and food and boring stuff, sure! But we can't disappoint grandma now can we? And, as loreal have brainwashed me to think: I'm worth it!

No comments: