Saturday, January 16, 2010

I love babies too, but

But I'm not so sure about their mothers. Just today I tried to enjoy a coffee and newspaper in one of my favorite coffee-shops. To my huge disappointment two mums with their bundles of joy plonk themself down on the table next to me. Well, that inaccurate. Between them, Bentley priced off-pist trolleys, cots, changing bags, bottles, toys blankets and much more they actually occupied 3 two pax tables AND blocked any access on either side, leaving guests to hurdle on their way in or out and waiters manuvering like circe de solei doing their job. The babis cried. That's what babies do. The young mothers ordered each an apple juice. And the circus begins. Changing, burping, one brestfead, trips back and forth to the changing room. Apple juice knocked over. Bisquits all over the floor. What a mess!
And I can't help to overhear the detailed baby-talk between them. I almost think they spoke extra loud in their pride of being BABY MAMAS.
I mean. They are everywhere with their huge trolleys.And they walk side by side, blocking the entire sidewalk. The looks you get if you get if you try to squeese by! Can't you see there are BABIES here, you idiot, their look says.
I've even ended up in the cinema next to a screaming baby with a mother and all her equiptment. I swear they cannot possibly need alll that stuff! They bring more for a trip to the supermarket than I do when packing for a weekend getaway!
I like babies as much as anyone else, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. When I was shhhhhushed for caughing by two angry baby-mamas in the cafe, I left. Found myself a really grotty brown english pub. Last baby -free frontier.

No comments: