Friday, May 10, 2013

And that was it

I have cursed you for letting me go. For putting it to bed and for moving on.
I know just too well how easy it is. A shame really.
I had a hunch, that's why I fought it so,- because I know what happens when you let go.
Let it go, set sail, vanish, drift away. Something once gale force.

Now, that I gave up as well. Once I put it to bed. It's hard to remember a thing.
That's how it works. Like a dusty mantelpiece on a shelf.
That's what I was scared of and why I acted like a leech.
I knew once I let go there would be nothing left.
When I too let go, there would be nothing left of you and me.
But here I am also slipping into the letting go, and thus
we are nothing but very very little anymore.
I'm a rubber band that stretches far too long, but once it snaps.. 

No comments: