Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How we deal with loss

Today Michael's official memorial. An artist that have had an impact on anyone alive today over the age of 15. It's touched me in many ways. Ways I never expected. You see, I have been known to mock him. Not just a bit. What I feel now is guilt and shame. Sure, his face was bizzare, his kids are blond and with blue eyes, his style "eclectic" and personal life .. I have said enough in the past.
Now that I try to digest the news of his sad death, I am left with one word. Lonely.
Why I don't really know, as he always sorrounded himself with the most out there people and stars. Perhaps his gravitation towards older women (Ross, Taylor), followed by the pursuit of children's company. He just seemed so lonely and so utterly lost. Michael, I sincerely apologise for my many cruel jokes about you.
I will play your beautiful song "Ijust can't stop loving you" tonight and think only good things of you. Rest in peace. I hope you have found everything you were so clearly looking for in heaven.

No comments: