Thursday, June 11, 2009

Power of positive thinking


Prone to melancholy as I am, I am learning to think positive.
And believe it or not.. IT WORKS. There really is such a thing as "self fulfilling prophecy".. I can now see how I have missed out on many opportunities in life, because I already firmly believed the outcome to be known, and to be negative..
To begin with I was too determined, and tried to be little miss sunshine, but now that I am less strict with my "positive thinking abilities" now( after all, it is OK to feel crap now and then). Victor Hugo said “Melancholy is the pleasure of being sad”.
It is important to grieve and to allow oneself to have a good cry when things go wrong. If not, you are just storing it away, and as it grows in "storage", it becomes your own personal liability.
But, the message is: Think positive and don't expect the worst. Trust me. it really works.

2 comments:

Marianne Årstoft Lund said...

As they say:

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you'll probably be right.

So therefore better be right thinking you can!

A positive way of thinking will always be the best way - proactively looking forward. Thinking negative - you're looking backward.

Marianne Årstoft Lund said...

As they say:

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right.

Therefore, its better being right thinking you can!!

When thinking positive you tends to look forward - not backward