Wednesday, January 28, 2009

De-clutter: NOW


Some people have no clutter. Yes, they have loads of stuff, but it's all organised and neat, de-earning it the status of "clutter" and re-earning the label "functional living."
"This hamper is wonderful", my friend told me, "It's got one pocket for bills, one for personal mail, and one for crap we will throw away". The hamper/wall-ornament with little blue and white fluffy clouds printed on ( a result of my friends passion for arts and craft, hangs right inside the entrance door. "So, when we get in, we just sort it out then and there! Neat, huh?" she smiles.
I imaging what it looks like when I come home after a 11 hr. job at the office.
Bang! The wall shows how I fight my way through the door 1,5 meter broad with shopping, the mail clutched in my teeth, a laptop worth it's weight in lead, overcoat, umbrella, files and work-related paperwork..e.t.c.
My shoes kicked off in each direction, usually later found between the hallway and kitchen. I usually throw my coat on the kitchen table or chairs, bag on the kitchen counter, keys in the always empty fruit-bowl and I put away the fridge/freezer first before I force my partner to put aside the rest while I have a rest with my feet up.
Yes, we have tried to make systems to where what goes. It works as a repellent on me. If there's a bowl for coins, I'll drop them in the vase next to it. If there's a shoe-rack, mine goes off in the kitchen.
No hamper will change clutter in my home, I'm afraid.
Currently pondering a different solution.

No comments: